If you wish to attend the SGM as a Trust Member, please contact the secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting (Meeting) of Lincoln Supporters’ Society Limited (Company) will be held on a virtual basis on Thursday 29 July 2021 at 7pm.
You will be asked to consider and vote on the resolution below, which will be proposed as an ordinary resolution.
THAT the Company is authorised to operate and administer a fundraising scheme under which fans and other stakeholders (“Bondholders”) will make loans to the Company through the issue of unsecured bonds up to a maximum aggregate amount of £500,000.00 (five hundred thousand pounds sterling) which will be on-loaned to Lincoln City Football Club to part fund the construction and redevelopment of the Stacey West stand at The LNER Stadium and subsequently repaid by the Club to the Company to reimburse Bondholders.
By order of the Board Date
J Wilson 08 July 2021
John Wilson, Secretary
For and on behalf of:
Lincoln City Supporters’ Society Limited
LNER Stadium, Sincil Bank, Lincoln, LN5 8LD
Registered Company No. IP29230R
Notes to the Notice of Special General Meeting
1. Appointment of proxies
1. If you are a member who is entitled to attend and vote at the meeting, you are entitled to appoint one or more proxies to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting and you should have received a proxy form with this notice of meeting. A proxy does not need to be a member of the Company but must attend the meeting to represent you. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
2. You may appoint more than one proxy provided each proxy is appointed to exercise the rights attached to a different share or shares held by that member. To appoint more than one proxy, you will need to state clearly on each proxy form the number of shares in relation to which the proxy is appointed. Failure to specify the number of shares to which each proxy appointment relates or specifying a number in excess of those held by the member will result in the proxy appointment being invalid. If you wish your proxy to speak on your behalf at the meeting you will need to appoint your own choice of proxy (not the chairman) and give your instructions directly to them.
3. If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the Meeting.
Appointment of proxy by post
4. The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy how to vote on each resolution.
To appoint a proxy using the proxy form, the form must be:
In the case of a member which is a company, the proxy form must be executed under its common seal or signed on its behalf by an officer of the company or an attorney for the company.
Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the proxy form is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the proxy form.
Appointment of proxies electronically
5. As an alternative to completing the hard-copy proxy form, you can appoint a proxy electronically by sending an email to email@example.com. For an electronic proxy appointment to be valid, your appointment must be received by the Company no later than 4pm on Monday 26 July 2021.
This email address should not be used for any other purposes unless expressly stated.
Appointment of proxy by joint members
6. In the case of joint holders, where more than one of the joint holders completes a proxy appointment, only the appointment submitted by the most senior holder will be accepted. Seniority is determined by the order in which the names of the joint holders appear in the Company’s register of members in respect of the joint holding (the first-named being the most senior).
Changing proxy instructions
7. Members may change proxy instructions by submitting a new proxy appointment using the methods set out above. Note that the cut-off time for receipt of proxy appointments also apply in relation to amended instructions; any amended proxy appointment received after the relevant cut-off time will be disregarded.
Where you have appointed a proxy using the hard-copy proxy form and would like to change the instructions using another hard-copy proxy form, please contact the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you submit more than one valid proxy appointment, the appointment received last before the latest time for the receipt of proxies will take precedence.
Termination of proxy appointment
8. A Member may change a proxy instruction but to do so you will need to inform the Company in writing by either:
• Sending a signed hard-copy notice clearly stating your intention to revoke your proxy appointment to the Company. In the case of a member which is a company, the revocation notice must be executed under its common seal or signed on its behalf by an officer of the company or an attorney for the company. Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the revocation notice is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the revocation notice.
In either case, the revocation notice must be received by the Company no later than 4pm on Monday 26 July 2021.
If you attempt to revoke your proxy appointment but the revocation is received after the time specified, your original proxy appointment will remain valid unless you attend the meeting and vote in person.
Appointment of a proxy does not preclude you from attending the meeting and voting in person. If you have appointed a proxy and attend the Meeting in person, your proxy appointment will automatically be terminated.
9. Except as provided above, members who have general queries about the meeting should contact the Secretary at email@example.com (no other methods of communication will be accepted).
You may not use any electronic address provided either:
to communicate with the Company for any purposes other than those expressly stated.
Proxy Form is here for download