SUPPORTER DIRECTOR, GOLD SUPPORTER DIRECTOR &
LINCOLN CITY HOLDINGS DIRECTOR
LINCOLN CITY SUPPORTERS SOCIETY LIMITED
ELECTION POLICY FOR THE SUPPORTER DIRECTOR, GOLD SUPPORTER DIRECTOR AND LINCOLN CITY HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPANY DIRECTOR
- 1. All candidates must be fully paid up members of the Society and in the case of Gold Supporter Director must be a fully paid up Gold Member. All candidates must have served a full year as a Society Board Member as either an elected or co-opted member. This clause may be waived at the discretion of the Society Board should special circumstances arise.
- 2. Supporter Director, Gold Supporter Director and Lincoln City Holdings Limited Director candidates must be nominated by at least 3 fully paid up members of the Society. Each and every candidate must be ratified at a meeting of the Boards of Lincoln City Football Club Company Limited and Lincoln City Supporters Society Limited.
- 3. All candidates must also submit with their nomination form a written statement of between 400 and 1000 words, in accordance with Election Policy 6.3. to the Society Secretary at least 21 days prior to the election date or AGM or Special General Meeting. The nomination form can be obtained from the Society Secretary or downloaded off the Society’s website. The statements for Supporter Director and Lincoln City Holdings Limited Director will be sent to all members of the Society eligible to vote and in the case of Gold Supporter Director will be sent to all Gold Members eligible to vote. A ballot paper and notification of the closure date of the election will also be sent to all relevant members.
- 4. Votes may be submitted by post up to the day of the AGM/SGM, and also by hand prior to the start of the General Meeting. The count shall be made during the AGM/SGM and the results announced before the close of the meeting. The count shall be conducted by the Election Management Group in accordance with Election Policy 3. Election Control.
- 5. The electoral system for Supporter Director, Gold Supporter Director and Lincoln City Holdings Limited Director will be ‘First-past-the-post’. i.e. The highest placed candidate in terms of total votes for the election declared by the Society Board and deemed elected. In the event of a tied vote at an election, the winner will be decided by those tied drawing lots. If the position is vacated during the term of office the Society Board will appoint a replacement to complete the elected period or to the next AGM, whichever is the earliest.
- 6. The Supporter Director and Gold Supporter Director will normally serve on the board of Lincoln City Football Club Company Limited for two years subject to annual ratification of the Boards of Lincoln City Football Club Company Limited and Lincoln City Supporters Society Limited. The Society Board will hold bi-annual elections for Supporter Director and Gold Supporter Director on alternative years. The Lincoln City Holdings Limited Director will normally serve for two years on the Board of Lincoln City Holdings Limited subject to annual ratification of the Boards of Lincoln City Holdings Company Limited and Lincoln City Supporters Society Limited.